Mile 108 PAC
Giving Parents a Choice. Giving Our Children a Voice.
Next Meeting: February 25th at 7:30pm - Library.
Questions? Concerns? Email: email@example.com
For parent convenience, the Mile 108 PAC now accepts credit/debit cards at all PAC hosted events.
2019-2020 PAC Board:
- Susan MacKay - President
- Nicki Jackson - Vice President
- Alicia Vinje - Treasurer
- Lise Thompson - Secretary
- Amanda Bird - Volunteer Coordinator
- Katherine Schmidt - Hot Lunch Program Coordinator
PACs are forums within each school community to discuss matters affecting the education of our children. Parents’ voices are of tremendous value. They offer a wealth of ideas and support to help meet the challenges that face our educators. PACs strive to represent the diversity within their communities and contribute to the benefit of all students by:
- providing opportunities to educate and inform parents about the school;
- involving parents in volunteer activities; and
- openly discussing parents' concerns and aspirations for their school
The School Act gives parents the right, through PACs, to assume an advisory role in every school. PAC is
the officially recognized collective voice of parents of their school. A PAC, through its elected officers, may advise the school board, the principal, and staff of any matter relating to the mental, physical, social, and educational welfare of its students.
To learn more about volunteering at the school at with other community organizations, see JustServe.org.