Please email your questions to email@example.com. We will do our best to answer.
Need IT Support?
Please contact the Help Desk by completing the form on the link below. You may also call the helpdesk at 250-398-3804 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include a phone number to contact you).
AMS – INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS
- New Inclusive Support Guide SD27 (3)
- New June 8 – Circles of Support Additions
- New May 25 – Circles of Support Additions
- New May 18 – Circles of Support Additions
- New Circles of Support – Student Support Services Website
- New Cataline Elementary Learning Hub (Open to All to View and Use)
- Teams User Guide (Collaborative User Guide)
- Skype and WebEx User Guide (Simple Video Conferencing)
- Moodle – Student User Guide
- Moodle User Guide – All Student and Teacher Options
- Moodle Course Development Manual
Q: How come not all districts are doing the same thing in their response? For instance some districts have all staff working from home.
A: Districts are different. Many are using virtually the same version as ours, and, some metro districts, have chosen to go, largely, remote. In the case of a metro district with 15,000 employees and a fairly dense population it must look different.
Q: Will any staff be allowed to work from home?
A: Many of our sites have a fairly small staff and none are large enough that they pose a challenge to maintain social distancing. We have communicated through our local, the BCTF and government to ensure we are consistent with the health authorities. We have the ability to have people on site and this will allow us to check in, get a sense of what we have available, who we need to provide service and support for and what that might look like. Having said that, we have approved some to start from home and we have attempted to be as fair, consistent, and reasonable as possible.
Q: What if I feel sick or have cold symptoms?
A: If you are not feeling well, you should stay home and rest. Your school Administrator can catch you up when you are feeling better.
There are lots of questions, and we are working to find answers. Here’s what we know in SD27. Currently, we are on spring break. District staff is working to develop timelines and priorities for what continuity of learning might look like. We are in close contact with Union Leadership to ensure you have the latest information and to ensure messages are consistent.
Take care of yourself and those around you.