Renaissance is an application used to improve student reading and comprehension by managing their reading. The program provides teachers with assessment of the reading ability of a class by:
- Assessing a student’s reading level through STAR (Standardized Test for the Assessment of Reading).
- A system of leveling books which includes average sentence length, average word length, vocabulary grade level, and number of words in the book.
- Assessing comprehension by means of a computer-based quiz that tests general knowledge in a multiple choice format of 3-20 questions.
- Providing a range of reports for parents and teachers that detail ongoing student progress.
- Accelerated reader can also help improve a students knowledge on many different varieties of books and also raise their vocabulary.
To access Renaissance (Accelerated Reader and STAR), please choose the Image Below.