Heavy Metal Rocks
This program is provided to grade 11 and 12 students in the district through a partnership with Mount Polley Mine, Gibraltar Mines, the Ministry of Transporation and Infastructure and the many businesss and suppliers to the mining industry.
Students learn the importance of safety training and receive mentoring from equipment operators as they learn to operate several different types of equipment in a controlled environment.
In addition to operating Heavy Duty equipment, students could receive training in the following areas:
- WorkSafe – New Worker/Young Worker
- Orientation training on various pieces of heavy equipment
- Construction Safety – Certificate
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 – Certificate
- WHMIS 2015 The Basics – Certificate
- Spill Kit Training Certificate
- Resume / Interview Skills
Who is it for?
- Students currently in grades 11 and 12:
- With good attendance and attitude
- Who are physically active
- With an interest in the construction industry