Nature Kindergarten is a full-day program of choice based at Scout Island Nature Centre in Williams Lake. Students spend significant parts of each day, throughout the year, outdoors doing the following:
- Discovering trails, forested areas and aquatic environments.
- Exploring local ways of learning and knowing by connecting with elders and experts in the community.
- Engaging in purposeful exploration and play outdoors and indoors.
- Building resilience and confidence through developmentally appropriate activities involving some risk taking e.g. tree climbing, tool use, stick play.
- Building literacy & numeracy skills through nature based activities.
- Learning the importance of caring and respect for nature by engaging with it.
How to Register
Registration for this program is now closed. If you are interested in registering for the 2018/2019 school year, stay tuned for the mandatory parent meeting dates that will occur next winter.