Cariboo Chilcotin Outdoor Classrooms Comprise of the Following Components
- Nature Kindergarten
- Grade 7 Outdoor Academy
- Grade 11 and 12 Independent Studies Environmental Stewardship Course
- Outdoor Education Resources
Choose the Links on the Right to View the Above Programs.
Outdoor Education Resource Teacher
School District #27’s Outdoor Education Resource Teacher supports the numerous initiatives in the district that are utilizing the outdoors for student learning. This is accomplished through various activities including supporting the Grade 7 Outdoor Academy and Nature Kindergarten, facilitating teacher inquiries, resource development, and building partnerships with local and provincial outdoor learning organizations. This position is a result of a long standing partnership between the Williams Lake Field Naturalist, Scout Island Nature Centre and the Cariboo Chilcotin School District.
- Ideas for Winter Fun in Williams Lake
- Tales and Trails Program
- Cariboo Chilcotin Conservation Society – Environmental Education Programs
- Cariboo Chilcotin Conservation Society – Brief Program Overview
- Cariboo Chilcotin Conservation Society – Pictures, Education In Action
- Why take your students outdoors? (Scout Island Nature Centre)