Central Scheduling Info – Report Absences
The Scheduling Office is often extremely busy. Your help in making our job easier is greatly appreciated. Reading and understanding the suggestions/comments (noted below) will assist in making our working relationship run smoothly.
- Call-out-times are 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (or the lunch hour of your school). Please ensure that your phone line is available during these times. We will not leave a message on your voice mail or answering machine or with anyone who answers. If you are going to be away from the telephone, please have your cellular phone turned on or provide our office with an alternate number.
- Please have a pen and paper at your telephone to help limit the time spent on each phone call.
- Our system allows for ‘blocking off’ unavailable employees for any time during the school year. If you know you will not be available, please inform us even if it is only for one or two days. If you find yourself ill upon waking in the morning, please call in. This will allow you to fall back asleep without us calling you for work.
- All scheduling is done through the scheduling office. If you find that you have been asked to work and have not been contacted from the scheduling office, please call us. You will not be paid if you are not scheduled from our office.
- Although Principals may request a specific TOC, teachers are not permitted to. Private arrangements are not allowed.
- You are not required to fill out a timesheet however, we do ask that you keep track of where and when you work. If you find a mistake on your earning statement, please call our office.
How the Scheduling Office schedules for absent teachers:
Classroom and Student needs are of utmost importance when scheduling for absent teachers. Therefore, the goal of the scheduling office is to place a qualified replacement teacher in the classroom. The second goal is classroom continuity. For example, if a TOC has been in a specific classroom several times, the same TOC will likely be asked to return. If you have concerns regarding scheduling practices, please call our office.
Central Scheduling Clerk
School District No. 27
T: (250) 392-7137
F: (250) 392-4625
Toll Free: 1-800-667-5615
The hours for Central Scheduling are: Monday to Friday: 6:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The Scheduling Answering Machine is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.