There have been a lot of questions about how to apply for pro-d funding. Answers to these questions can be found in the attached CCTA PD Handbook. In general, the procedure goes as follows:
- One month before an out-of-district or two weeks before an in-district event, fill out an application form, run it by your School PD Rep, and send it to me by fax or email. I have attached a digital copy of this form to this page for those of you that would like to use email to fill it out and send it in to your School Rep and then on to me. You may also print out and fax this form after filling it out either on your computer or by hand.
- Once your approved form has been sent back to you, put is somewhere safe so that you do not lose it between now and the time you attend the event in question.
- Attend the event and hang on to receipts for travel and accommodation (which are reimbursed up to a maximum of $550 per year) and registration (reimbursed up to a maximum of $300 per year).
- Fill in the “Actual Amounts Used” section of your original application form and submit that (completed) form, your receipts, and the feedback/evaluation form to me by fax or by email.
- Watch for your reimbursement to come in the Board Office mail.
- View the Professional Development Moodle Page for further information on Professional Development, Please choose Guest Login on the Moodle Page to enter the site.
If at any time you have a question about your application, or anything else related to pro-d, please do not hesitate to email Ryan Hanley.