School District No. 27 is a public organization, and as such it provides financial information to the public as to its revenues and expenditures.
2018 – 2019
2017 – 2018
- 2017-2018 Annual Budget Process Timeline
- 2017-2018 Preliminary Budget FINAL
- 2017-2018 Amended Annual Budget FINAL
2016 – 2017
- 2016-2017 Annual Budget Process Timeline
- 2016-2017 Preliminary Budget FINAL
- 2016-2017 Amended Annual Budget Final
- 2016 2017 Audited Financial Statements
- SOFI 2016-2017 Report
2015 – 2016
- 2015-2016 Annual Budget Process Underway
- Annual Budget 2015 – 2016
- Amended Annual Budget 2015-2016
- 2015-2016 Audited Financial Statements
- SOFI 2015-2016 Report
2014 – 2015
- Annual Budget 2014 – 2015
- Amended Budget 2014-2015
- Audited Financial Statements 2014-2015
- SOFI 2014-2015 Statement of Financial Information Report
2013 – 2014
- Annual Budget 2013 – 2014
- Annual Budget Amended 2013 – 2014
- Audited Financial Statements 2013-2014
- SOFI 2013-2014 Statement of Financial Information
2012 – 2013
- Annual Budget 2012 – 2013
- Annual Budget Amended 2012 – 2013
- Audited Financial Statements 2012 – 2013
- SOFI 2012 – 2013 – Statement of Financial Information
2011 – 2012
- Annual Budget 2011 – 2012
- Annual Budget Amended 2011 – 2012
- Audited Financial Statements 2011 – 2012
- SOFI 2011 – 2012 – Statement of Financial Information
2010 – 2011
Board Seeks Input
2018-2019 Preliminary Budget
Note: There is a date change for the Public Presentation of the Budget and Board Meeting for April: 2018.04.17.
The Board of Education has identified the goals from the Strategic Plan that it will focus on for the 2018-2019 school year:
Goal 1: Excellence in Education, Choice and Opportunity
Objective 2: Relevant Learning Opportunities
- Action 1: Our schools will engage students in authentic tasks that connect learning the real world.
- Action 2: Our schools will ensure that all students receive foundations in literacy and numeracy.
- Action 3: Our schools will use a curriculum that features a concept-based approach to learning and a focus on the development of competencies, to foster deeper, more transferable learning
- Action 5: Our students will be supported in learning skills and awareness to manage their mental and physical health
Goal 2: Clear and Transparent Communication:
Objective 1: Balance (Communication and relationships need continual attention and effort)
- Action 3: Our staff will communicate in a variety of ways to most effectively engage with students, their parents, and each other.
Objective 2: Get the Word Out
- Action 2: Our district will communicate with the public in ways that are most efficient and effective.
- Action 3: Our district will engage with students, staff, parents and the community on a regular basis so all stakeholders are able to contribute ideas, outline concerns, and feel a part of the decision-making process.
Goal 3: Sound and Efficient Fiscal Management
Objective 2: Accommodate increasing or decreasing enrolments
- Action 1: Our district will annually review school enrolments, staffing levels, and school capacity in order to provide optimal learning environments for students.
Goal 4: Embracing our District’s Unique Factors
Objective 3: Diversity and Inclusion
- Action 3: Our district will focus on the needs of every individual and ensure the right conditions are in place for each person to achieve his or her full potential.
- Action 2 (added 2018.03.13): Our district will show respect for and appreciation of differences in ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, education, and religion.
The Board of Education is expecting a financial shortfall for 2018-2019 of approximately $1.8 million. Keeping the goals above in mind and the expected shortfall, all stakeholders and members of the public are invited to provide input into the 2018-2019 Preliminary Budget. Deadline for input is 18 May 2018.
Please provide your input by completing this short SURVEY.